If you need help with your job search, LinkedIn strategy, or personal branding here are some things you need to know before hiring me as a career coach.
I DO NOT care if you went to a community college.
I DO NOT care if you have a work gap.
I DO NOT care if you have job hopped over the last 5 years.
I DO care that you are willing to put in the work.
I DO care that you are coachable.
I DO care that you are willing to listen to good advice and act on it.
There are some ground rules to getting the most out of your relationship with a career coach, so here are 5 rules for working with me.
1. Be honest. Never lie on your resume or profile. The better the information you share the better your brand will be.
2. Be crystal clear. The more direct you are about where you’re going in your career, the more effective your brand will be. Targeting makes all the difference.
3. Be willing to invest. Plan to spend 1-3% of your annual salary on your career, including additional training, clothing for a job search, and career documents.
4. Be forward looking. I can’t include every detail of your life and work history on your resume or profile. These details are important to who you are, but not necessarily important for this resume for a particular job target.
5. Be proactive. Don’t wait until the last minute to start trying to build a personal brand. This is a career long project and the sooner you start the better your results will be.
If you want to apply for a job in 3 days and you have not looked at your resume or been active on LinkedIn for 3 years, there is only so much I can do to help!
So, if you are ready to start leveling up – reach out.
Tired of endlessly applying on job boards? Want employers seeking you out instead? Join 100’s of other job seekers using this tool and level up your job search today. Enter your email below to receive your free LinkedIn Scorecard.